In Jesus Name Medical Ministry’s vision is to partner Christian doctors and local churches to facilitate FREE medical clinics for the uninsured, underinsured, or anyone in need, just like Jesus did…
“And Jesus was going about all the cities and the villages, teaching and proclaiming the Gospel of the Kingdom and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness.”Matthew 9:35 (KJV)
All our medical and administrative personnel involved with the ministry are volunteers who are professing Christians and have dedicated their lives to serving the Lord and using their God-given gifts in accordance with the words of Jesus in Matthew 25:40 when He said: “… Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.”
In Jesus Name Medical Ministry (IJN) was founded by Dr. Scott Southard in the Northern Nevada and California area more than 14 years ago and has since facilitated more than 175 clinics, cared for over 4,700 patients, and has been able to provide approximately 80 surgeries for people at no cost.
Dr. Southard has the vision to expand the ministry nationally to as many cities as possible in the United States. Las Vegas is the second location and had its first clinic in March 2019.
Share God’s love and the gospel of Jesus Christ by providing free quality health care to see bodies mended, hearts changed, and disciples made through the combined ministry of the local church and IJN. We treat the body as God transforms the soul!
In Jesus Name Medical Ministry bases all of its activities on the following statements of faith:
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
(II Timothy 3:15-17)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in 3 persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; Ephesians 4:4-6)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory. (John 1:1-4; Matthew 1:23; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:50; Acts 1:11; and 2:24; I Corinthians 15:3-4)
- We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful men, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit and that Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation. (Titus 3:4-7; Luke 24:46-47; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 14:6; Acts 4: 12)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a Godly life. (Galatians 5:16-18; Romans 8:9)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (Revelation 20:11-15; I Corinthians 15:51-57)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the Church. (Ephesians 1:22-23; I Corinthians 12:12-27)
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism is a responsibility of both the church and each Christian (Romans 10:9-15; Acts 1:8; Matthew 28:18-20; I Peter 3:15)
- We believe that God loves each and every person created and desires each and every person to come to know Him. We believe that God desires all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. We believe salvation is available to anyone and is acquired by faith in Jesus Christ.
(I Timothy 2:4; John 3:16; I John 2:2; Titus 2:11-13; Mark 16:15; Luke 6:27; Romans 10:12; Philippians 1:13; II Timothy 2:21; Romans 10:10; John 1:7-8; John 1:9)
- We believe that marriage is between one man and one women and that any other civil union, religious or other type of union, where-in sexual intimacy is involved, is immoral and is wrong and is in opposition to God’s will and should not be approved of or pursued. (Genesis 2:24; Hebrews 13:4; Mark 10:9; I Corinthians 6:9-10)
- We believe God recognizes human life as existing in the womb and that He is the creator and giver of such life. We believe that any mechanical, chemical or otherwise deliberate premature termination of such life is contrary to God’s will and is not to be approved of or pursued. (Isaiah 44:2; Psalm 139:13-14; Luke 1:41-42, 44; Matthew 1:18)
Download our Informational Brochure
We recieve many requests for access to this great resource. Click here to view and download!
Scott Southard M.D.
Board Certified Orthopedic Surgery
Carol Swartz M.D.
Board Certified Pediatrics
Brian Sonderegger M.D.
Jeff Nugent M.D.
Board Certified Allergy & Internal Medicine
Lynda Molloy M.D.
Board Certified Internal Medicine
Kraig Knoll M.D.
Board Certified General Surgery
Newton Yco D.O.
Board Certified Family Medicine
JoAnne Araki F.N.P.
Family Nurse Practitioner
Pamela Smith PA-C
Benjamin Seljestad O.D.
Director of Administration
Director of Administration
Director of Local Church and Community Partnerships
Mary Jane (MJ) Olson, R.N.
Team Lead, Triage
Team Lead, Set up
Team Lead, Security
Jalet Ontanillas, M.D.
Lisa Moreno, N.P.
Mary Charmaine Campana, M.D.
Michael Engler, D.O.
Rob Fisher, M.D.
Matt Nugent, Tony Schnorbus, JR Baird, Pete Darby
Melissa High RN, Zoe Schultz RN, Kristina Gonzales NCMA, Mary Darby RN, Inez Erck RN
Cindy Williams, Greg Brittain, Ramon de los Santos
What people are saying…
It was our pleasure to partner with you! We’re thankful for the service of so many to make this happen and that much needed medical attention was given. I am even more excited to hear that 5 people now know Jesus as Lord and Savior! That’s what it’s all about!!!
Loved how everyone worked together for the common good.
A blessed experience.
Thank God for all you do. We look forward to SERVING along side of you. God bless.
It was, Very heart warming to see people helping each other so cheerfully.
It was an incredible experience!
I was made aware of In Jesus Name Medical Ministry through my mother- in-law when I injured my bicep. She had seen Dr. Southard and the entire IJN team, from community volunteers, to nurses, to x-ray technicians, were very welcoming and supportive during my visit to the clinic held at Valley Christian Fellowship in Minden. As I am a new father of a 1-year-old, and have no insurance, In Jesus Name Medical Ministry was a Godsend in God’s perfect time. Dr. Southard determined my biceps needed surgery. He was not only gracious enough to be my advocate for my medical needs, but also for my spiritual well-being through prayer. Prayer is the center of his work; therefore, my trust in his medical advice and motivations came easily. The compassion and Charity of all those working with IJN inspires me to donate what I can, reminds me to stay prayerful, and calls upon my heart to pass forward that love and compassion toward others. Dr. Southard’s generosity has been utterly humbling. Words cannot express my gratitude for the Spirit that moves through him for this community.
The staff at In Jesus Name Ministry are absolutely amazing. I’m so grateful that they, in Jesus name, dedicate their precious time to help people such as myself who have no medical insurance. They are beautiful souls. they’re all so nice, caring & loving. Thank you to Dr. Southard. Because of his generous kindness, I’m finally going to have my bad knee replaced. I’m so blessed to have met him. God is so Beautiful.
Everyone was so approachable and willing to assist however they could. Very reflective of Christ. God Bless.
We are a work in progress and as long as we keep our eyes firmly fixed on the author and finisher of our faith I believe we will see God use this ministry beyond our wildest dreams.
I am the one that should be thanking you. It was a blessing.. Please do NOT FORGET ME for the next one.
Thank you for the privilege today. I am walking on air!!!! God is soo good. Thank the board for all their hard work!! God bless
Before anything, I would like to say thank you for what you have done for me. Thank you for taking care and aiding me through a tough time in my life. As a result, I can walk and support my family by beginning to work. Thank you for your time in helping me get better and for your support. I was lucky enough to be blessed with such great people. I want to thank you for answering my prayers. Continue doing what you do because you will continue blessing other lives. I love you, In Jesus name.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I see a doctor?
Yes, many different specialties are usually available at each clinic.
Do you see children?
Yes, we see children. In some locations, a pediatrician is usually present each month.
What days are you open?
Clinics are held one (1) Saturday each month at designated locations.
What if I show up after 12:00 noon, can I still be seen?
Any patient showing up before 12:00 noon will be seen, even if we must stay late! But if you show up after 12 noon, we can’t see you.
How much does the clinic cost?
Jesus paid the cost. It is FREE.
Do you have follow up after the clinic?
Patients are welcome to come to any/all future clinics for follow-up, or as recommended by the IJN doctor.
Can I get my labs done at your clinic?
Some locations may have labs done on site for free or will provide you with your lab paperwork to take to an identified laboratory in your area. Your doctor will advise you if labs are free and/or available.
Can I get X-Rays done at your clinic?
Some locations may have X-Ray machines and technicians on site for free. Your doctor will advise you if X-Rays are available.
Can I be a permanent volunteer?
Yes, definitely! We love volunteers! Please go to the ‘Get Involved’ tab and submit a volunteer application for us to review.
How do we know that the people working at the clinic i.e. the Doctors and Nurses are qualified or licensed?
All physicians and health care providers are required to provide proof of qualification and credentials.
Can I get my medicine at the clinic?
We give prescriptions for medication but do not dispense the medication ourselves. We do not prescribe narcotics.